Mumbai: About 165 people, of which at least 150 are children, have been admitted to Mumbai's Sion hospital after they used spurious colours while playing Holi.
It was certainly not a happy Holi for more than 150 families in Mumbai's Dharavi as their children were admitted to Sion hospital after they showed symptoms of 'colour poisoning'.
The hospital saw a steady stream of children and young adults who complained of allergic reactions. The patients were administered anti-toxicity medicines and most of them are out of danger, but 10 patients are
Meanwhile the police machinery has also swung into action to find the culprits who prepared the spurious colour.
The incident is another grim reminder of the perils of toxic colours on Holi.