Mumbai: A 13-year-old boy died due to Holi colour poisoning while undergoing treatment at a hospital in suburban Ghatkopar in Mumbai, civic officials said on Friday.
Viky Walmiki, who suffered from colour poisoning during Holi celebrations in Dharavi area, succumbed at the Rajawadi Hospital on Thursday night, they said.
Nine other persons were also hospitalised at the same medical facility, after Holi took a toxic hue in parts of Mumbai and people developed allergic chemical reaction to colours on Thursday.
Over 190 people, mostly children in the age group of 9-10 years, were also undergoing treatment at the Sion hospital, while 16 others were admitted to the Byculla railway hospital, officials said.
Most of the revellers showed symptoms of giddiness and vomiting with some complaining of altered consciousness, they said.
Police had registered a case of negligence against unknown persons on Thursday and were in the process of identifying shops from where the spurious colours were purchased.