New Delhi: Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda has put forth 13 demands for the release of two Italian hostages Bosusco Paolo and Claudio Colangelo. The demands are the same as were made in February, 2011, when Malkangiri collector R Vineel Krishna was abducted.
The 13 demands made by the Maoist leader are:
1) Stopping anti-Maoist operations.
2) Withdrawal of cases against tribals jailed on the charges of being Maoists.
3) Scrapping of accords with MNCs for land transfer and projects.
4) Compensation for the families of Maoist sympathisers killed in police custody.
5) Release of about 600 Maoists in jail, including Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda's wife Subashree Panda.
6) Release of all anti-displacement leaders who have been arrested for raising their voices against various industrial projects, including Posco and Vedanta.
7) Cancellation of the bauxite mining lease in Mali and Deomali Hills in Koraput.
8) Scrapping of Andhra Pradesh's Polavaram project.
9) Release of CPI (Maoist) Central Committee leaders Shiladi and Padma, lodged in Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh.
10 ST status for Konda Reddy and Nukadora communities categorised as OBCs.
11) Compensation to evacuees in Balimela and Nalco project.
12) Irrigation in Maribada and Maniamkonda villages in Malkangiri.
13) Pattas (record of right) to tribals dispossessed of their land in Malkangiri and Koraput.