Madrid: Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has signed a contract extension after having previously been offered a new two-year deal.
The 61-year-old told Onda Cero radio on Tuesday that he had "renewed" his deal with the Spanish federation, and though he did not divulge the length of the new agreement, Del Boque is expected to stay on until after the 2014 World Cup.
A two-year contract would enable him to lead Spain's World Cup defence in Brazil. The coach's previous deal had been due to expire after the European champions defended their title in Poland and Ukraine from June 8 to July 1.
In squad news for Euro 2012, Del Bosque said he will wait until the last moment before deciding whether to include injured striker David Villa, and that Fernando Torres' increased playing time at Chelsea would bode well for his chances.
The coach also revealed that midfielder Sergio Busquets has requested to be play in the 2012 Olympic Games in London. "Busquets insists on taking part in the Olympic Games. He really wants to play for the national team."
Del Bosque took charge of Spain after Euro 2008 and guided them to victory at the 2010 World Cup.