New Delhi: It's just a few hours away. The much-awaited next Galaxy smartphone is going to be unveiled today. However, rumours are rife, and will keep on coming out until Samsung officially doffs the silk off its next Galaxy phone, unofficially dubbed Galaxy S III, on May 3.
Since January, rumours have been doing the rounds and are still flying even when the wait is about to get over in sometime. Samsung has already announced that it is going to unveil the Next Galaxy smartphone on May 3.
Let's see what all the rumours have to say about the Samsung Galaxy S III, and what all technology buffs are expecting the phone to have:
1. The Next Galaxy is believed to be dubbed the "Galaxy S III" or "Galaxy S 3". Though Samsung is calling the upcoming phone - the next Galaxy till now, but senior VP Robert Yi, at the Q1 2012 earnings call, called it the Galaxy S III. He said, "We are anticipating very strong demand of Galaxy S III."
2. Samsung's Galaxy S III is said to be powered by the "Exynos 4 Quad" chip that will run at 1.4GHz per core and is based on the ARM Cortex A9. The company said, it would mass-produce its faster, energy-saving quad-core mobile microprocessor to power the third generation of its flagship Galaxy S smartphone. The Exynos 4 Quad, based on British chip designer ARM Holdings' Cortex A9 technology, enables more tasks in a shorter period of time, for example, a task such as streaming video can run on one core while the other cores update applications in the background, connecting to the web and scanning virus-check simultaneously.
3. The Next Galaxy phone is reported to have a bigger screen than the Samsung Galaxy S II. The Galaxy S III smartphone is expected to have a screen size, which could be anywhere between 4.65 to 4.8 inches.
4. Though there is a high possibility of the phone to have a Super AMOLED Plus screen, rumours are not indicating the same.
5. The phone is said to have a 12-megapixel camera, a notification LED, and will run Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
6. Recently, Samsung's Galaxy S III listing appeared on Amazon and the phone's storage was listed as 16 GB, expandable up to 32 GB. Thus, the phone is expected to have a microSD card slot too.
7. Some rumours say that the phone will have a 1080p resolution, while others claim the Galaxy S III to have a 720p resolution screen. Let's see what actually the company is going to come up with.
8. Reportedly, South Korean screen protector manufacturer 'Colorant' has come up with a screen guard protector for the Galaxy S III. The protector is reported to be too big for the 4.7-inch HTC One X, which hints that the Galaxy S III is likely to have a 4.8-inch display.
9. If rumours are to be believed, the Galaxy S III will start shipping one week after its announcement.
10. According to rumours, the Galaxy S III will have a physical home button, while the menu key and back key will be capacitive buttons.
IBNLive will keep you updated on further details.